I MIGHT do it again but...

For discussion of the May 26th Group Shoot and weekend events

I MIGHT do it again but...

Postby Donna Ricci on Tue May 29, 2007 8:39 am

I wouldn't allow smoking anywhere. It wasn't too pleasant to pick up other people's cigarette butts. Actually, I found it downright repulsive.

I would make people write their names on their water bottles before they left the table. I found SO many bottles with just alittle out of them in sets, the sinks, and spilled on the floors.

I would allow people into the mix based on the quality of their work.

I won't let sticks be tied into my hair.

I would get more confirmations from MUA's and assign them a specific model, or set of models for the day.

I would have someone to replace me at the front so I could truly enjoy myself, and not be the stressball I was.

That seems to be my biggest beefs with the way the day ran. It was horribly gross how negligent people were to pick up after themselves, even after I was so specific about them doing so.

I did make a "black list" of sorts of offenders of such things, along with flakes that won't be invited back to any of our functions.

Comments? Let em rip
Donna Ricci
Founder

Postby Ravens Laughter on Tue May 29, 2007 8:55 am

...ummm, you didn't black list me for the sticks in your hair did you??

I mean I'd much rather be black listed because i shoved star foreman down the stairs at the end of the night.....
Ravens Laughter

Postby Donna Ricci on Tue May 29, 2007 8:58 am

Did you leave mostly full water bottles around? Cause if you did, then yeah, you're black listed.

It truly amazes me with what we know about our resources that people could be so impossibly self absorbed that they would be so wasteful.

rant over

The question is, did you get a PICTURE of Star falling down the stairs?
Donna Ricci
Founder

Postby Ravens Laughter on Tue May 29, 2007 9:11 am

the water wasn't me (I was actually horrible dehydrated)

the cigerettes weren't me (I can't stand what they do to my breath... it's bad enough on it's own)

the blood at the end of the stairs, well... that wasn't me either..... Star just had to go and bleed over everything and didn't have the good manners to clean it up after she fell down the stairs.

And no, I didn't get a shot of her falling... i was too busy bitching at her for the set stealing, model hogging, and other peoples equipment molesting.... (smile)

I love you star.
Ravens Laughter

Postby Meaghan on Wed May 30, 2007 12:58 pm

hope i didn't get blacklisted...i kept all my poo poo in one spot as i was too afraid to lose it. And ditto on the dehydration thing. I went through (fully drank and tossed) about 5 bottles of water and never felt the urge to pee.....lol. i did lose ONE half full bottle of water when it mysteriously disappeared. I think someone made off with it. Good thing I made sure to wipe my herpes all over it. karma.
Meaghan
Model

Postby Joker on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:57 am

Luckily I try to make sure all my Dickies have the lil' utility pocket for keeping a bottle of water in. It's a habit I picked up from raving. And well, being poor.
I also put my cigarette out on my shoe and put the butt in my pocket when I was done, thats what I used to have to do before Church or get my bum kicked so I guess thats a habit too hah. =)
Anyway, thanks for putting everything on Donna. I don't think I've ever eaten so many goldfish since I was a kid! And they were quite yummy.

-Joker
Joker
Photographer

Postby Metallic Muse on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:19 am

I love fishes cuz their so delicious!

I seriously can't wait until the next time. I fraking loved it! And it was odd.. I didn't end up eating much because I was running too much off of the adrenaline I get from talking to other people and from modeling. Seriously, Donna, if there's anything I can do to help for next time, please let me know. I'll indenture myself if it means being able to do this again. hehe
Metallic Muse
Model

Postby Joker on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:36 am

Yes, I agree with Muse, if there's anything I can do to help events like these continue, by all means let me know.

-J
Joker
Photographer

Postby Bukkake Queen on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:14 am

Don't let Exquisite Restraints participate again!!

Her stuff looks like something my Gray Granny would make..........
Bukkake Queen

Postby Allie on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:11 pm

water was wasted.. i personally picked up after people left.

you should have someone man the desk while you play. not fair for you to be stressed after setting everything up for people.

MUA's who were "no call/ no show" are disrespectful.

I dont think that everyone took this as professionally has it should have been taken.

A sign in sheet would have been nice for you to have a visual list of the no shows.

thank you for dealing with the stress... and the sticked looked great :)
Allie

Postby Allie on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:20 pm

one more thing.. i think photogs need to have a pic of themselves SOMEWHERE or we dont know who the hell they are. we might be familar to the name, their work. but when you see about 5 guys with a camera and none of them showed to the meet and greet.. i dont have time to run to each one and say "hi and you are...." i missed the opp to shoot with two people that i had already emailed with casue i had no idea who they were. we discussed it at the end of the shoot, he told me "i looked busy and he thought i was avoiding him since i didnt approach him." i had no idea who the hell he was. just a thought...
Allie

Return to Group Shoot