Studio space

Talk about your experiences with models, equipment, locations and new work

Studio space

Postby NightVisions Photo on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:12 am

How much room do you need for a studio, I can get 2 10' X 18" rooms on the main downtown area of my little town there are 10" ceiling is this enough room.
NightVisions Photo
Photographer

Postby St Marc on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:25 am

That's enough room for some things, not for others. It's about the size of the studio I rented for several months last year: I rarely had a problem. Two of them would have been nice because my main problem was I had to put all my junk in it and that cut down on my effective space. :)

M
St Marc
Photographer

Postby NightVisions Photo on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:24 am

I own the building and have my other business on the other side 2 store fronts.
trying to decide to rent it out of keep it for myself. I would miss that rent money come tax time, but then again the landlord would let me do what I want......
NightVisions Photo
Photographer

Postby Lost Coast Photo on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:21 pm

Once I converted a garage about that size to a temporary studio for the weekend. Not perfect, but good enough to get some good shots. You might need to get creative to keep the lights out of the way while still having some choices on how to place them.

It's hard to have "enough" though. My old Chicago studio space was 20x30 feet with 12 foot ceilings, and there were days when I wished it was bigger. Years earlier I had access to a corner of a cavernous industrial space, thousands of square feet, and that one was impossible to heat in the winter, it was always a few degrees too cold. So we work with what we have.
Lost Coast Photo
Photographer

Postby Mark Greenmantle on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:26 am

Lost Coast Photo wrote: So we work with what we have.

even when it means being stuck with just under 7"heigh ceilings in my case. :evil:
Mark Greenmantle
Photographer

Return to Photographer Chat